- Medical Director - K L Chopra Body Mind Institute.
- Hony. Professsor of Medicine and Cardiology, Mujaffarnagar Medical College.
- Head of Preventive Cardiology, National Heart Institute.
- Member, Delhi Medical Council.
- President, Federation of NCR Doctors.
- Immediate Past President, Delhi Medical Association.
- Professor of Medicine and Cardiology, IMA College of General Practitioners.
- Convener, National Doctors Advisory Board National AIDS Control Organization.
- Member, Planning Commission Working Group on Health Informatics Govt. of India.
- Regular Columnist for Navbharat Times on Spiritual Health and FICCI Business Digest.
- Previous Appointments
- In 2004 he was appointed the state coordinator for the Year of Scientific Awareness under the department of science and technology, Govt. of India.
- leading Sr. Physician, Cardiologist and Mind Body Consultant.
- World-class Clinical Echocardiographer. - Health Communicator, Trainer, Preacher and Meditation Teacher.
- Writer, Author, Columnist, Orator and Anchor.
- Social activist & worker, Researcher, Conceptualizer, Visualizer and Advisor.
- Schooling from ASVJ Hr. Secondary School, Daryaganj, Delhi, with Distinctions in Physics and Biology in the year 1974.
- 1st Year Zoology (Hons) from Desh Bandhu College (DU) with Distinction in Physics in year 1975.
- MBBS & MD (Gold Medalist throughout) from MGIMS Wardha, (Nagpur University) in year 1981 and 1983 respectively.
- In Clinical Rheumatology and Cytogenetics At AIIMS under Dr A N Malaviya (1982).
- In Leprosy Immunology at JALMA Agra (1982).
- In Pediatric Echocardiography at Mount Saini Hospital New York (1987).
- In Vascular Doppler Ultrasound at Oakwood Medical Center, Detroit (1987).
- Research Fellowship in Echocardiography at University of Alabama at Birmingham USA (1987).
- Certified Meditation Teacher under Dr Deepak Chopra from San Diego in 1988.
- Clot Dissolving Streptokinase Therapy in India along with Dr K L Chopra in the year 1984.
- Started the Technique of Colour Doppler Echocardiography in North India in 1988.
- Health Awareness programme 'Run for your Heart' in 1991. Govt. of India released national postal commemorative stamp of Re.1.
- Health Awareness Event 'Perfect Health Mela' organised in 1993 for the first time at Talkatora Gardens with Delhi Administration. The Mela was declared the Best Event in Asia by BBC. A national postal commemorative stamp of Rs.6.50 was released on this occasion by Govt. of India. Mela has become an annual event since then under the National Health Policy of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
- Publication of over 30 Journals and Newspapers catering to doctors.
- Conceptualized the idea of involving politicians, bureaucrats and celebrities in dispersing health messages to the community utilizing the principle 'Hit the Iron When It is Hot' and 'Involving People Who Count'. Was appreciated by Sh. A B Vajpayee, Late Sh. P V Narasimha Rao, Sh. I K Gujral, Late Gyani Zail Singh, Late Shri Shankar Dayal Sharma, Late Sh. Krishnakant Ji, Sh. Bhairo Singh Ji Shekhawat, Sh. Madan Lal Khurana, Sh. Sahib Singh, Smt. Sheila Dikshit, Sh. B L Joshi, Sh. Romesh Bhandari, Sh. Sudershan Agarawal, Sh A R Kohli, etc.
- Organised the first ever film stars' Chat Show on Health in December 1993.
- Utilized film premiers to create health awareness with films like 'Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke', 'Karam Yoddha'. The film 'Main Khiladi Tu Anadi' created awareness on HIV/AIDS. The slogan of "I am Anadi, If I Use Condom I'll Become Khiladi" by Akshay Kumar became the talk of the town.
- Famous past and present cricketers, film stars, TV stars, models, dancers and fashion designers interacted with media on health related topics or distributing personalized health messages signed by them.
- Contributed to six chapters in International Textbook on Echocardiography (Navin C Nanda).
- 14 International Publications (Am J of cardiology, Circulation, Journal of Medicine and Echocardiography- A Journal of Clinical Ultrasound).
- 115 publications in Indexed National Journals (namely JAPI, Indian Heart Journal, Indian Journal of Heart Research).
- Over 350 publications in review Indian Journals.
Publications and Programmes:
- Weekly regular columns appear in Navbharat Times on edit page under the title 'Ananda Yoga'.
- Frequent writer for book chapters, papers, abstracts, newspaper columns and editorials. Contributed over 400 health articles in newspapers and magazines.
- Had been writing for the UK edition in the past.
- A prolific writer on Community Health subjects.
- Produced and co-directed 52 episodes on "Body, Mind and Soul" on DD News in year 2000.
- Coordinated 102 episodes of a live phone-in TV programme "Healthy India" for DD Bharti with specialists on all pathies in year 2003. The programs are being continuously re-telecasted since than on a weekly basis.
- He is one of the most quoted doctors in the field of health (quoted over 12000 times) on Radio and TV.
- Presently, he is the anchor cum expert in the weekly Lok Sabha TV programme "Hello Doctor". He intergrates all pathies under one roof.
- With NIMA, UP and Bulandshahar, he has organised a series of sensitization programmes for Ayurvedic doctors.
- Organized over 1000 lectures, seminars and discussions.
- Editor-in-Chief of the IJCP Group of Publications - with over 30 journals and newspapers catering to doctors.
- Dr B C Roy National Award by Govt. Of India (2005-06).
- Dr D S Mungekar National IMA Award - Delhi Medical Association Swasthya Health Ratna 2005-06 Award
- DMA Nursing Home Forum Medical Statesman and Communicator of the Last Decade 2005-06 Award.
- DMA Dr B N Behl Foundation Award. - Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award. - Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award.
- Delhi Hindi Sahitya Samellan - Sahitya Shree award (Doctor and Philosopher of Indian Culture Award).
- Rashtriya Gaurav Samman. - Abhipra Samaj Seva Puraskar. - The Great Son of the Soil Award.
- IMA New Delhi Branch Swasthya Ratna Award.
- IMA New Delhi Branch Life Style Interventional Cardiologist of the Last Decade Award.
- IMANDB Life Time Achievement Award and IMANDB Health Communicator of the Last Decade Award .
- Served as the Convenor of Health Advisory Committee of DD Bharti (2002).
- Governing Council Member for College of Applied Sciences, Univ. of Delhi (2000).
- Member Delhi Legal Service Authority (1998).
- Member of committee of experts for Control of Cardiovascular Diseases, Ministry of Health GOI.
- Delhi Coordinator for the Year of Scientific Awareness by Department of Science and Technology GOI (2004).
- Member of Manviya Sanrakshan Abhiyan Samiti, Ministry of HRD (2004).
- Member of National Working Group on Service Delivery, National AIDS Control Program III, Govt. of India (05-06).
Multifaceted Healer & Soul Preacher:
- He promotes & integrates all systems of medicine. He established department of Holistic Medicine at Apollo Hospital in year 2000. He has also been instrumental in conducting yearly Accupressure workshops since last 16 years.
A Keen Educator, Sensitizer and Trainer:
- Holds the distinction of having organized the maximum number of World conferences on Cardiology, medical CME programs and health events.
- Has been training nursing students for the last 15 years.
- Provided training on First Aid and CPR for all PCR van personnels in Delhi during Raja Vijay Karan's tenure as Police Commissioner. - Trained all DTC drivers on First Aid for continuous four years under Deptt. of Transport.
- Trained the master trainers from students and school Principals on subjects like HIV-AIDS, Road Safety, CPR, Disaster Management under Delhi Govt.
- He has also been instrumental in propagating basic educational programs on HIV- AIDS, Iodine Deficiency Disorders, Dengue, malaria, Plague, SARS, Noise Pollution, Osteoporosis and Diabetes.
- 6th July 1993- on the untimely tragic death of his elder sister due to electrocution, he launched, "Shashi Bala save a life campaign" to prevent electrocution deaths d uring monsoon season.
- 2nd Dec. 94- he conceptualized the first ever Tongathon for the Rotary District 3010 for creating Polio Awareness
- 27th July 1997- conceptualized the "First Ever Free Streptokinase Drug Bank". 100 such doses were donated in the very first year.
- 20th Jan 2002- conceptualized the first ever-Perfect Health Durbar based on the lines of traditional Mughal Durbar. All the top cardiologists on the dais solved public queries on the spot.
- 31st May 2002- made Delhi Cabinet pass a resolution that none of the ministers will attend a function where tobacco promotion was directly or indirectly implicated. All the ministers and the CM signed the pledge, which was also released as advertisements all over.
- 30th May 2004 last rites of "Mr and Mrs Tobacco" were performed at the cremation ground as a part of an IEC activity by him along with Delhi Health Minister and Industry Minister.
- 5th September 2004 conceptualized the first ever get together in RED called GLOW RED to sensitize the public about the rising problem of heart disease in women.
- Organised over 12 "Walks for Health" and "one Tempothon" latest being the walk for knee on 10th Oct. 2004 at Rajpath involving patients with knee replacement and walk for an Anaemia free Delhi at ITO on 1st July 2005.
- 5th June 2005, he designed module for creating awareness about healthy environment by organizing a series of green get-togethers (people wearing green dress).
- Designed many health game shows like health tambola, health tambola quiz, snakes and ladders game, dart, ludo game, kaun banega healthy crorepati. He also conceptualized health informative playing cards on subjects 'Say No to Alcohol', 'Metabolic Syndrome', 'Living Health Life', 'HIV-AIDS', 'Blood Safety', 'Dental Care', Delhi Traffic Police, and NDMC Messages. In this module all 52 cards carried different preventive messages on a particular aspect of health.
- Designed a miniature book on "Dil Ki Baatein" on the same lines.
- Conceptualized the concepts of health break (break ke baad); health awareness using the kites with health messages; health awareness through competitions (school, college, dance schools, RWA and inter organizations) and health infotainment modules.
- During the Kargil war, a delegation from Heart Care Foundation, led by him called on to the Prime Minister of India, and donated medicines worth lacs for the Kargil victims.
- During the Gujarat earthquake, he along with Maheshwari Club sent a team of doctors at the affected site.
- In the field of school health awareness he has been lecturing on an average 25 schools on an annual basis and is conducting interactive workshops, first aid trainings and quiz sessions.
- He conceptualized disease specific camps on PSA, TSH, Obesity and Osteoporosis. He has designed advertisements for various Delhi Govt. campaigns (MCD, NDMC, prohibition, Health, DSACS). He also came out with a new logo of allopathy (red wheel with Rx sign) which Delhi Medical Association has adopted.