Will Indian politicians allow this?
The results of the first physical examination of President Trump were released to the public on Tuesday.
- Age 71
- 1st annual physical as commander-in-chief at Walter Reed Medical Center on Friday by Dr Ronny Jackson, MD
- Full exam lasted about 4 hours and included 12 consultants.
- Lifetime of abstaining from alcohol and tobacco
- Weight: 239 lbs
- Height: 63″
- Medicines: Rosuvastatin (Crestor) 0 mg/day, Low-dose aspirin, Propecia to prevent male pattern baldness, cream for his rosacea, as needed, and takes a daily multivitamin
- Resting heart rate 68
- BP 122/74
- ECG Normal
- Total cholesterol 223
- Triglycerides 129
- HDL 67
- LDL 143
- Fasting blood sugar 89
- Hemoglobin A1c 5%
- Uncorrected visual acuity was 20/30
- Thyroid function normal.
- Echo: Ejection fraction of 60-65%
- Standard risk calculator shows Trump with a 16.7% risk of a heart attack or other atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease event in the next 10 years.
- Advise: changes in diet, exercise, and drug regime/s to address his major risk factors.
- Goal: Losing weight, about 10-15 lbs, raising rosuvastatin dose
- Cognitive assessment: Normal
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment and the president scored 30 out of 30.
Although his overall health has been described as ‘excellent’, the fact remains that the President is not as healthy because of obesity (BMI 30.7) and his cholesterol levels are too high, which put him at risk of a cardiovascular event such as heart attack. An intervention is needed in the form of lifestyle changes (low fat and low carbohydrate diet and exercise) and may be a more intensive statin to manage these risk factors.
Dr KK Aggarwal
Padma Shri Awardee Vice President CMAAO Group Editor-in-chief IJCP PublicationsPresident Heart Care Foundation of IndiaImmediate Past National President IMA